Vacancies at Cheal
As the cost of living in our larger cities continues to increase, why wouldn’t you consider relocating to some of the best spots in the North Island? We currently have vacancies in Taupo, Rotorua, and Hamilton where you can have the best of both worlds – career and lifestyle.
Cheal is a multi-disciplinary consultancy offering Civil, Structural and Geotechnical Engineering, Land Surveying, 3D Laser Scanning and Resource Management Planning expertise to a national client base. We have 6 branch offices throughout the central North Island.
We have the following vacancies available:
Intermediate Structural Engineer | Taupo
We are seeking a Structural Engineer to join our Taupo team. This position is suited to someone who has at least one year’s post-graduate experience, preferably within a consultancy environment.
We would like to hear from candidates who can display the following attributes:
- Bachelor of Engineering
- At least 1-2 years experience in New Zealand structural design
- Exposure to seismic design (DSA’s, strengthening etc)
- Proficiency in timer, concrete, steel, wind & EQ design
- Experience with 3D modelling (SAP or ETABS preferable)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
Licensed Cadastral Surveyors | Taupo, Rotorua & Hamilton
It’s not often we have a vacancy for a Licensed Cadastral Surveyor but with land development projects in the Taupo, Rotorua and Hamilton regions steadily increasing in numbers, our Survey team needs to expand.
We are looking for motivated Surveyors with a good attitude, solid Surveying experience and the ability to manage the needs of our clients. You will need to possess the following
- BSurv (New Zealand)
- Current NZ Practising Certificate as a Licensed Cadastral Surveyor
- Experience with 12D & AutoCAD
- A high level user of relevant equipment & an aptitude for technology
Chartered Civil Engineer | Hamilton
We are now seeking a New Zealand Chartered Civil Engineer to join our Hamilton team. This position is suited to someone who is able to work autonomously as an Engineer in our Hamilton office, whilst playing a key role in the wider Engineering team across several Cheal offices. Our ultimate goal is for this person to grow and manage our Hamilton regional operation. This is a key opportunity for a long term association and potential for shareholding with a top level consultancy.
If you can display the following skills, we would love to hear from you:
- New Zealand CPEng or close to achieving
- 5+ years’ experience within the New Zealand Engineering environment
- Proven experience in job procurement and pricing
- Exceptional client management skills
- A drive to grow and develop people and business
- Excellent written communication skills
The Cheal culture is one of teamwork and exceptional communication with a commitment to professionalism and quality. Suitable applicants will be able to demonstrate how they fit this description.
Applicants will be New Zealand or equivalent (recognised by NZQA) qualified and experienced and must have the right to work in New Zealand. Full, clean driving licence and skills in MS Office essential.
Cheal is committed to Health and Safety and equal opportunities in the workplace. For a full Job Description or general enquiries please contact